Dengie Healthy Hooves Molasses Free - 20kg
Dengie Healthy Hooves Molasses Free is a complete low calorie feed which is suitable for horses in need of a high fibre diet that supplements their hoof health. Essential nutrients, vitamins & minerals such as biotin have been included to keep horses or ponies looking great & keep their feet in great condition. Super low starch & sugar levels are provided due to the lack of cereals or grains in the mix, this makes Healthy Hooves one of the safest feeds on the markets for horses prone to laminitis.
- High levels of biotin
- Rape seed oil replaces molasses
- Complete feed with only 2.5% sugar
- Dengie Healthy Hooves Molasses Free has a full range of B vitamins including biotin at levels that research has shown to be effective at maximising hoof health – to get the benefit of these nutrients the recommended quantities need to be fed
- Low sugar and starch – research has shown that horses and ponies predisposed to laminitis are at greater risk if fed cereals. Healthy Hooves Molasses Free is free from whole cereal grains.
- Chelated Trace Minerals – these are important for improved bio-availability to the horse, i.e. they are more easily absorbed. Trace minerals are important for general condition including hooves and coat condition and are also integral components of the body’s antioxidant system.
- Essential High-Fibre – fibre provides slow release energy and is essential for maximising gut health.
- Highly palatable – Healthy Hooves Molasses Free contains added garlic for great palatability and pellets for added interest.
Oat straw, alfalfa pellets, dried alfalfa, rape seed oil, garlic, vitamin and mineral premix.
Typical analysis (%) ‘as fed’
|Naturally Occurring Sugar||2.5|
|Horse or pony||Size Guide (hh)||Approx Weight (kg)||Bucket Feed per Day|
|Small Pony (eg: Welsh Pony, Exmoor)||9 – 13||200||1kg or 2 scoops|
|Large Pony (eg: Fell)||13.1 – 14.2||300||1.5kg or 3 scoops|
|Small Horse (eg: Arab)||14.3 – 15.2||400||2kg or 4 scoops|
|Medium Horse (eg: Thoroughbred)||15.3 – 16.2||500||2.5kg or 5 scoops|
|Large Horse (eg: Warmblood)||Over 16.3||600||3kg or 6 scoops|