Dengie Healthy Tummy - 15kg
Dengie Healthy Tummy is a complete high fibre feed which utilises all of the latest ingredients known to promote gut health along with the well documented benefits of alfalfa. The mix is mainly made up of alfalfa which is naturally low in sugar & starch, this reduces the risk of fizzy behaviour & starch related digestive issues. A unique blend of herbs including oregano, cinnamon & ginger have been included, all of which are believed to be powerful antioxidants. Protexin in feed formula has been added into the mix this is a prebiotic yeast supplement which works by balancing out the digestive system for improved digestive efficiency.
- High specification of vitamins & minerals
- Light oil coating for slow release energy & shine
- Free from molasses & preservatives
- Provides 11.5MJ/kg of Digestible Energy, which is comparable to a medium energy mix or cube
- Made from pure alfalfa which is naturally low in sugar and starch and is proven to be a natural buffer to maintain correct acidity levels in the digestive tract
- Contains ADM Protexin In-Feed Formula, which supplies prebiotics and yeast to maintain gut health.
- A high specification of vitamins and minerals, including B vitamins plus additional magnesium and calcium are included to help maintain optimal digestive health
- Contains a unique blend of herbs including oregano, cinnamon and ginger which are believed to be powerful antioxidants
- A light oil coating has been included for slow release energy and coat shine
How to feed Healthy Tummy
For horses at rest or in light work:
Healthy Tummy is a nutritionally balanced feed containing all the vitamins and minerals your horse or pony needs. There is no need to add any mix, cubes or supplements as long as you are feeding the recommended levels.
For horses in moderate and hard work:
Feeding a high fibre diet is essential should your horse be suffering or have had ulcers in the past. Healthy Tummy can be fed alongside Dengie Alfa-Beet to increase energy intake to meet the requirements of harder work. Healthy Tummy can also be fed alongside mixes and cubes to help counteract the effects of using cereal based feeds.
Recommended Feeding Guide
|Horse or pony||Size Guide (hh)||Approx Weight (kg)||Healthy Tummy (kg/day)*||Stubbs Scoops (per day)|
|Small Pony (eg: Welsh Pony, Exmoor)||9–13||200||1||2|
|Large Pony (eg: Fell)||13.1–14.2||300||1.5||3|
|Small Horse (eg: Arab)||14.3–15.2||400||2||4|
|Medium Horse (eg: Thoroughbred)||15.3–16.2||500||2.5||5|
|Large Horse (eg: Warmblood)||Over 16.2||600||3||6|
Alfalfa, alfalfa pellets, rape seed oil, vitamin and mineral premix, protexin in-feed formula, yeast and prebiotics, herbs
Typical analysis (%) ‘as fed’
|Naturally Occurring Sugar||4.5|